Sell with Confidence
Read More

Tenant Information

Ray White Bowral welcomes all tenant enquiries via internet, email, phone, and office visit.

The team at Ray White Bowral pride themselves on providing tenants with outstanding service.

Information you MUST provide:

Applications are required for each prospective tenant
Multiple tenants must submit their applications together
100 Points of Identification (which can be photocopied in office)

A current photo identification

  • Drivers Licence
  • Passport
  • Proof of Age Card
  • Student Card

Written references from

  • Previous landlords or real estate agents
  • Selling Agent
  • Personal references
  • Copy of last rates notice
  • Proof of last residential address
  • Electricity account
  • Telephone account
  • Bank or Credit card statement
  • Proof of all income


  • Centrelink payment advice
  • Earnings advice form accountant
  • Letter from supporting parent/guardian

NB: – Only documents applicable to your application are required.

All unapproved applications will be destroyed immediately

Our office reserves the right to change the above criteria at anytime
Our office will be unable to process this application if the required documentation is not provided.

Entry Costs

When approved for a rental property, you will be required to pay an entry cost of Bond (4 weeks rent for unfurnished or furnished property)

Holding Deposit –  2 weeks rent.

1 Weeks rent in advance.

Your Rental Bond will be lodged with the NSW Office of Fair Trading and is held as security against any unpaid rent or damage to the property. Upon lodgement you will receive written confirmation from the Department of Fair Trading providing you with a Rental Bond Registration Number.

Your Rental Bond will be refunded to you soon after you vacate the property, provided all rent has been paid and no monies owing for cleaning or repairs.

Condition of premises

One copy of the Property Condition Report is provided to you upon the commencement of the tenancy. This report is very important as it outlines the condition of the property at the commencement of your tenancy.

When you have vacated the property the condition at that time is compared to the condition at commencement and any variation (fair wear and tear excepted) will be your responsibility to reinstate.

If a signed copy is not returned to this agency and a dispute arises at the end of your tenancy, the condition of the property will most likely be assessed as that indicated on the Report completed by this office.

Inspections during your tenancy

During the course of your tenancy, your Property Manager will inspect your property periodically. You will be provided, provided at least 7 days notice.
The purpose of these inspections is to advise the owner of the condition of the property, how it is being maintained and to allow you to advise us of any repairs or maintenance you feel are needed.

Payment of Rental

Your rent must be paid in advance at all times.

Repairs & Emergency Repairs

All requests for repairs and maintenance are to be provided to your Property Manager in writing.
In the event of an urgent repair required outside office hours, and your Property Manager is uncontactable, arrangement for repairs can be made directly with the trades people listed on the front page of your Residential Tenancy Agreement. For a description of “urgent repairs” please refer to your tenancy agreement.


Giving notice to vacate a property must be provided in writing to your Property Manager. Shortly after receiving your notice you will receive a letter in the mail confirming the vacating procedure and amount owing in rent to your vacate date.

Notice periods are as follows;
If you intend to vacate at the end of your Tenancy Agreement you are required to give 14 days written notice to us, prior to the expiry of your agreement. Once the fixed term of your Tenancy Agreement has expired you must give us at least 21 days written notice in advance.

Breaking the Tenancy Agreement Early
If any unforeseen circumstances arise and you have to vacate the property prior to the expiration of your Tenancy Agreement, please contact your Property Manager immediately for details on the procedure and fees associated.


Unfortunately, the owner’s insurance cover on the property does not extend to cover your belongings. On this basis, we strongly suggest that you take out comprehensive contents insurance to cover your belongings against fire, theft and other perils

In the event that you, another occupier, or visitor accidentally damages the property and rectification work is required, you may be required to pay any excess that may apply to the owner’s insurance cover.